🗓️ Second Friday in July
Honoring Automotive Artifacts with Revved-up Revelry
Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines and fasten your seat belts because it’s time to celebrate the magnificent world of collector cars!
Collector Car Appreciation Day is an annual event held on the second Friday in July, that pays homage to the cherished collector cars that fuel our passion and ignite our imaginations. From classic beauties to rare gems, this celebration showcases the artistry, craftsmanship, and history woven into every curve and engine roar.
It’s time to hit the road and celebrate the iconic machines that have shaped automobile culture.
Collector Cars: Art on Wheels
Collector cars aren’t your everyday run-of-the-mill vehicles. These automotive wonders are meticulously preserved, restored, or maintained for their historical, cultural, and sentimental value. From the roaring classics of the 1920s to the muscle cars of the ’60s and ’70s, these vehicles embody the spirit of bygone eras, representing automotive craftsmanship at its finest.
They aren’t just transportation; they’re rolling pieces of art that transport us back in time.
The Origin of Collector Car Appreciation Day
Collector Car Appreciation Day was created by the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) and its Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO) and Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA) Councils. The inaugural Collector Car Appreciation Day was recognized on July 9, 2010, thanks to the efforts of Senators Jon Tester and Richard Burr, who sponsored U.S. Senate resolution S. Res 513.
They understood the importance of honoring and preserving the rich automotive heritage that has shaped car culture.
Hit the Road: How to Celebrate Collector Car Appreciation Day
Want to be a part of this automotive extravaganza? Here’s a bullet list to get you started:
- Attend local car shows and exhibitions, showcasing the finest collector cars in your area.
- Organize a vintage car cruise, where enthusiasts can hit the open road together, turning heads and spreading joy.
- Visit automotive museums, exhibitions or historical sites to immerse yourself in the rich heritage of collector cars.
- Host a car-themed movie night, featuring beloved classics like “Christine,” “Gone in 60 Seconds,” or “American Graffiti.”
- Convert your driveway into a mini drive-in theater for a nostalgic movie-watching experience.
- Open your garage to fellow enthusiasts for a small gathering with your collector car as the star attraction.
- Remember to share your love for collector cars on social media using hashtags like #CollectorCarAppreciationDay and #RevvinWithPassion to let the world hear your engine roar!
Now, if anyone questions why you’re celebrating Collector Car Appreciation Day by hosting a full-scale drive-in theater marathon in your living room, just tell them Wild Calendar gave you the green light!.
May your engines purr, your memories shine, and your love for classic cars never fade.
Happy Collector Car Appreciation Day!
It’s not just a car. It’s someone else’s dream.