🗓️ July 21
Get Your Crafty Paws Ready for Our Furry Friends!
Craft for Your Local Shelters Day is a day to celebrate our furry friends and give back to the shelters that care for them. On July 21st, let’s combine our love for crafting with our passion for helping our furry friends find their forever homes.
By crafting various items such as beds, toys, vests, bandanas with “adopt me” messages, leashes, and more, we can we can lend a paw to these shelters and provide much-needed comfort and support to these lovable creatures.
So, roll up your sleeves, grab your craft supplies, and let’s dive into the heartwarming world of crafting for animal shelters!
Crafty Goodies: What You Can Make
When it comes to crafting for animal shelters, the possibilities are as endless as a squirrel’s chase!
Here are some fantastic items you can create to help your local shelter:
- Fun toys:
Shelter animals love to play, so make them some fun toys out of old socks, cardboard boxes, or fabric scraps.
- Beds and blankets:
Shelter animals often sleep on hard surfaces, so providing them with comfortable beds and blankets to rest their weary paws will make a big difference. You can make these out of old towels, sheets, or pillows.
- Hiding Houses:
Shy animals like to seek safety. A hidey house can be just the place of calm they need every now and then.
- Eye-catching vests and bandanas:
Make adorable vests and bandanas for photo props that proudly proclaim “adopt me” in bold, attention-grabbing colors and patterns.
Remember, every little creation goes a long way in brightening the lives of shelter animals.
Who created Craft for Your Local Shelters Day?
Craft for Your Local Shelters Day was created in 2012 by Erika Lindquist, the founder of Sew Doggy Style, a visionary organization dedicated to combining crafting and canine care. They recognized the immense impact crafters could have on local animal shelters and wanted to provide a platform for creative souls to make a difference.
Participate and Make a Difference
Participating in Craft for Your Local Shelters Day is as easy as knitting a scarf for a chilly pup.
- Reach out to the shelters you want to donate to in advance to ensure they are open to receiving your donations and to inquire about their specific needs and preferences.
- Plan your craft, gather the necessary materials, and rally your crafty friends for a fun-filled craft night dedicated to this heartwarming project.
- Make some homemade pet toys and donate them to your local animal shelter.
- Host a craft workshop at your local shelter and teach others how to make pet toys.
- Donate money to your local shelter so they can purchase pet toys and supplies.
- Spread the word about Craft for Your Local Shelters Day and encourage others to participate.
Remember, every contribution, big or small, can make a significant difference in the lives of shelter animals.
Happy Crafting, Happy Animals!
As you celebrate Craft for Your Local Shelters Day, don’t be afraid to let your wild side out!
If anyone asks you why you’re celebrating Craft for Your Local Shelters Day by making guinea pig sized canopy beds, a chaise lounge for cats and a jungle gym for parakeets, just say Wild Calendar gave you permission to do so.
Happy Craft for Your Local Shelters Day!
#CraftForYourLocalSheltersDay #CraftForYourLocalSheltersDay #CraftForLocalSheltersDay #NationalCraftForYourLocalSheltersDay